Trouble in a trip

You can't withdraw money at ATMs during your trip. You don't have enough money. How do you get over that kind of situation? Nobody can go on a travel without money for a month.

My daughter went to Europe alone on the beginning of this month. I've been worried about her trip because she can't speak English at all. A trouble happened soon on the first day. She failed to withdraw money at ATM at Heathrow Airport. She moved to Malta, and tried it at an ATM and failed again. She's never been able to withdraw any money for six days.

Yesterday afternoon, she called me with skype in tears. Her debit card became invalid because she input an incorrect PIN(personal identification number) several times. She called the bank that issued the card, but their response was cold, "The only way to be settled the problem is to reissue your card."

I called the bank again. My call was transferred three times, and told me the phone number of the particular department and your daughter herself had to call the department. It was cold as well. I e-mailed her the phone number.

I don't know how to send money overseas. The next place she will visit is Vienna. I came up with a stupid idea. If I send my credit card to Japanese Embassy in Vienna, she might be able to get the card. I called Japanese Embassy in Vienna soon. The officer who is a woman and provably thirties was very polite and kind. She told me how to send money and get money. My daughter will be able to get money wherever she is all over the world. It's a money wiring service overseas. I eventually found the way to send money.

Some time later my daughter called me with skype again and said the bank made the card valid one more time, only once (I don't know the meaning of 'once'). My daughter and I were relieved.

Late at night she sent me a picture of a rabbit dish of Malta.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flowers at Dusk

Dawkins Scale

Totoro Trail and the flying carp