hug

We don't have a habit of hugging in Japan. I've never hugged with my wife, as a habit. I can't remember even walking together with hugging her my hand around her waist. It's only because it makes walking difficult.


A couple years ago, what I said to my wife made my elder daughter angry and she hadn't talked to me for about a week. One day, she came home drunkenly late at night and suddenly hugged me crying. She said to me,

"Dad, I love you, I love you ... I'm sorry for rebelling against you ... Please wash dishes by yourself. I feel sorry for Mother ..."

It was a little embarrassing for me. Since then I wash dishes after dinner.







We had had a tough time since she was a teenager and she had been living alone for some years. I remember that we went see a circus together and talked about life back then. After she came home to live with us, I got a letter from her on my birthday some years ago. She apologized for her behavior in her early years to me in it. Since then I'm always carrying the letter in my business bag as a charm.

Comments

  1. Moving story!
    I am now in the midst of a storm, the relationship with my sixteen-year-old son.
    I think the hardest time has passed but still we are in the turmoil.
    Everybody to whom I complain it consoles me telling that the time will surely come that I will look it back somehow happily.
    I was doubtful what they say but your story has made me be sure of the “time effect”.
    By the way, my daughter (my princess, as you know (^_-)) and I used hug all the time while I never hug my husband nor my son.
    I miss hugging her very much!
    If I tried to hug my son, he would say “Disgusting!”
    Having a teenager son is a hard thing!
    I do appreciate your habit of washing dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. Children's rebelling against the parents won't continue for so long.
      My younger daughter didn't have the rebellious period, so she's never hugged me.

      Now, my elder daughter and I have a good relationship.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flowers at Dusk

Dawkins Scale

Totoro Trail and the flying carp