I Love Emi

I happened to listen to this song and was fascinated by the melody of this song and the singing voice of this singer. The singer is Emi Fujita and this song is 'Wide Awake'. I listened to this song for the first time.




Although this happened only a few days ago, I don't remember why I found this song on YouTube.


WIDE AWAKE
 

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・
You were the rolling tidal wave
That swept my barren shores
If you will let me share your day
My life's forever yours
I will never understand the reason why
We fail to learn from our mistakes
I will wait for you as the days go by
With my dream - though I am wide awake


I think that many Japanese don't know who Emi Fujita is. I looked her up on the Internet and I found that she was the vocalist of Le Couple.


Le Couple is famous for their song Hidamari No Uta which was part of the soundtrack for the 1997 Japanese TV drama series Under One Roof 2. The CD single sold over 1.8 million copies. After the band suspended its activities, Emi Fujita started her solo career. She made her solo debut in November 2001 with the album camomile.

The couple divorced in February 2007. (from Wikipedia)





At deep night on June 19th, although I had to get up early next morning to watch the Japan-Greece football game of FIFA World Cup, I found her songs on YouTube and, forgetting the passing of time, I listened to those songs one after another while drinking shochu alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawkins Scale

Flowers at Dusk

Totoro Trail and the flying carp