The Five People You Meet in Heaven

I'm getting old, so I'm at the age of being curious about the next world. I think that I won't live a long time anymore. I may need to prepare myself mentally and spiritually. But no one knows what goes on in Heaven.

Mitch Albom, the author of this book, published some heartwarming books. The most famous book is "Tuesdays With Morrie".

Eddie is an 83-year-old maintenance man in an amusement park. He thinks he had a worthless life, nothing to be proud of. This story begins at the end. The author says, "But all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time." On Eddie's 83rd birthday, an accident happens and Eddie dies trying to save a lonely eight-year-old girl.

Eddie goes to the Heaven and soon meets five people one after another. The five people does not necessarily mean that they are all his family or good friends. There are some people whom he doesn't want to remember or doesn't remember, or doesn't know. He meets five people and has five lessons. After the five lessons, he finds the last destination to achieve his inner peace. At the end, he can understand that he was not "nothing" on Earth.

You often think your life is nothing or your life is empty. You feel hurt or you hurt other people. You are sometimes involved with other people's life without even noticing. You sometimes hold grudges against other people. However, in some case, you may live by someone's sacrifices.

This story tells us that we can not live alone and we need to have relationships with other people.

By the way, who will be my five people that I meet in Heaven? At the very least, I want to meet my parents. I want to say thanks to my mother and want to apologize to my father that I was not kind to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flowers at Dusk

Dawkins Scale

Totoro Trail and the flying carp