The 5th Day in London

April 8th. Today, we took a day trip out to Cotswolds. My daughter had made a reservation in advance. The departure point was in front of Gloucester Road Station. Today is the day when I checked out the hotel and moved to the other hotel. The new hotel was located along the Thames River on the south side of Victoria Station. Because I wanted to be near the Thames until the day I would return to Japan. Anyway, I carried my 65L rucksack on my shoulder and headed for Gloucester Road Station.

The participants were only three Japanese, my daughter, me and a young girl who was going to Ireland for the working holiday program. The guide was a Japanese woman. There were 4 people in all, so the car was not a bus but a van.

We headed for the west through busy London at rush hour. The rustic scenery in suburban London was beautiful. Those were often sheep ranches or barley fields. Strangely, there were no toll gates on the motorway. The atmosphere in the service area was the same as Japan.

It was about 130 km in direct distance from London. We drove through a country side and arrived at Bibury first. After I returned to Japan, I found the same scenery that my elder daughter took on her honeymoon. She visited Bibury then.

Bibury

Bibury

Bibury

We arrived at Bourton-on-the-Water before noon. This village was a little busy with a lot of tourists. There were many cafes, pubs and souvenir shops. My daughter and I had lunch (breakfast menu) at the table of the open terrace in a nice pub along the stream.

Bourton-on-the-Water

Bourton-on-the-Water

Bourton-on-the-Water

Bourton-on-the-water

We roamed in Stow-on-the-Wold for a while because the village was not so big. We arrived at Chipping Camden at last around 2:30 p.m. The temperature rose and it was very hot. We enjoyed the landscape in the village and visited a church. After that, my daughter and I had coffee at a little and antique cafe in front of the Market Hall.

Stow-on-the-Wold

Stow-on-the-Wold

Stow-on-the-Wold

Stow-on-the-Wold

Chipping Camden

Market Hall in Chipping Camden

Market Hall

Chipping Camden

We returned to Gloucester Road Station around 6:00 p.m. I headed for the new Hotel along the Thames.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flowers at Dusk

Dawkins Scale

Totoro Trail and the flying carp