The 2nd Day in London

Today, my daughter is going to guide me to some tourist spots in London. The meeting spot is Piccadilly Circus at noon. I left the hotel a little earlier. Many visitors had already headed for the entrance of Natural History Museum. I made a side trip to the South Kensington tube station. The area in front of the station is beautiful and comfortable. Exhibition Road looks like a pedestrian road. As the Science Museum was not so crowded, I went into the museum. After that, I walked along the edge of Hyde Park to the east. It took much time to enjoy seeing the exhibits of the Science Museum. I gave up to go to the Hyde Park Corner station and took a underground train at Knightsbridge.

Natural History Museum

South Kensington Station

Science Museum

Exhibition Road

at Hyde Park

 I was able to find my daughter soon in front of the Eros statue at Piccadilly Circus. First of all, we went to a restaurant near there to had lunch. In London, it's time for breakfast until noon, and I think the volume of the breakfast menu fit in Japanese.



She withdrew 200 pounds at ATM and gave it to me for my immediate London life. We walked to National Gallery, Trafalgar Square and Westminster. Around Big Ben was the most crowded, as if London itself is a huge theme park. I would say London gets lots of visitors from all over the world. We headed for London Tower by tube(maybe, I forgot).

National Gallery and Trafalgar Square

Big Ben


After visiting Tower of London, we walked on the Tower Bridge. On our way to Angel by bus, she showed me how to buy a ticket with a ticket-vending machine at Liverpool Street Station.

Tower Bridge

Traitors' Gate

Anne Boleyn's execution here


In the evening she took me a pub at Angel and we had dinner. I often see many people at pub in London drink only beer without any food. A Spanish group next to out table drank only beer and have gone soon. I drank some beer, but I didn't know the brand.

a pub at Angel

King's Cross Station


We got off the bus at Oxford Circus, and walked Regent Street to Piccadilly Circus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flowers at Dusk

Dawkins Scale

Totoro Trail and the flying carp